Saturday, October 11, 2008

Update

.
:


It's been just about a month since my last posting. In that time, we've gotten some very interesting news. King B and I are expecting a baby! As Busker is only 8 months old right now, we weren't quite expecting that news, but we are getting very excited. One of our concerns with having such an age difference between Busker and the children we had prior to meeting and marrying each other was that in about 7 years, the olders will all be off to college or other (working full time), and Busker would have no other siblings. We are very grateful that he will have a sibling closer in age to him.

This pregnancy has been much easier on me physically so far than my pregnancy with Busker. With Busker, I had horrible "morning" sickness that lasted from week 5 to week 20. With this one, at 10 weeks, I've had a few days of all day slightly queasy... but for the most part have just been VERY HUNGRY!

I had had some thyroid issues during the summer, and at my last visit at the endocrinologist (where she told me my thyroid numbers were normal again), I joked with her that I was eating like a hobbit. She asked me if I was having twins. After I picked my jaw up off the floor, I told her that I didn't know, but figured the hunger was from both being pregnant and still nursing an 8 month old. I have my first prenatal visit on Election Day (I don't do the first trimester testing), and will ask the OB if we can take a look just to make sure there's just one baby in there.

I don't *think* I'm having twins (to my knowledge, no one in my family has had them without medical assistance)... but I am starting to get a little nervous about the possibility because I am always hungry (I eat about every hour to hour and a half), I am over 35 and have had more than 4 pregnancies (two of the risk factors for having twins). I have also already gained 10 pounds, and while my pants go on quite easily because my legs and hips are still normal-sized.... I can't zip them (thank God for bella bands!) because I already have a baby bump. I'm really hoping that the early baby bump is because my body really just had a baby and remembered quickly. I don't know if I could handle having twins right now.

Blessings to you,

1 comment:

Janette said...

I love "listening" to your story:>) Praying for a healthy baby and family. And a good school year!