Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Beauty Found in Sorrow

.
:


One of the most beautiful quotes relating to marriage I've ever read, has to be this one, by George Elliot:
What greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined for life - to strengthen each other in all labor, to rest on each other in all sorrow, to minister to each other in all pain, to be one with each other in silent, unspeakable memories at the moment of the last parting.

The past few weeks, King B and I have been living [to rest on each other in all sorrow, to minister to each other in all pain] as we've healed from the miscarriage. Even through the pain and sorrow we experience, there was such a beauty in the love that had us supporting one another through it. It has shown me, yet again, God's grace through the sacrament of marriage.

Being *one* in a sacramental marriage is amazing in so many ways. Even though I experienced the physical pain and other effects of the miscarriage, we both lost our child, and we both needed to grieve. While the pain is not as sharp now, there is still a little ache of missing for both of us. King B has been wonderful in how he's helped me through this. He not only helped me with the physical recovery by allowing me to rest, but he's allowed me to move through the grieving process at my own pace - holding me when I cried, letting me talk my feelings out (even the not so nice feelings), laughing with me when I could.

This sad chapter has drawn us even closer than we were before, and my love for King B has grown exponentially from experiencing his immense capacity for love and kindness even through his own grief.

I love you, King B!



Blessings to you,

No comments: