Monday, November 24, 2008

Veggie Recipe

.
:
After Daisy's burial service, King B's brother took us to lunch at restaurant that had sauteed veggies that were delicious! I have never been a fan of cooked carrots, but I loved these! They had a defitnite garlic taste to them, so I experimented. Here is the recipe resulting from my experiments:
Garlic Sauteed Carrots (served 6)
  1. Peel and slice several large carrots (make the slices fairly thin - 1/4 inch or so)
  2. Peel 4 garlic cloves
  3. Gently heat some olive oil
  4. Using a garlic press, press the 4 cloves of garlic into the oil and stir
  5. Add the sliced carrots, sautee for several minutes
  6. Sprinkle with REAL sea salt (about 1 tsp or so)
  7. Continue sauteeing for another couple of minutes
  8. Add 1/4 cup water and bring to a simmer
  9. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes at a time until done to desired consistency (we like them tender crisp - but I slice some a little thinner so they get softer for Busker)
  10. They are out of this world. I'm planning on trying this with broccoli this week too!


    Blessings to you,

No comments: